Sunday, May 22, 2011

Write it down! Why I blog.

Family Fun Day!!!!!  We love the weekends!  Always some family fun to be had!  On the way home from our family fun of burgers at Five Guys and new Crocs from the outlet in Commerce the boys wanted to talk about "when I was a baby".  As in "When I was a baby did I like trains?  When I was a baby did you take me to the library?  When I was a baby what did I play with?"   I have VERY verbal children, very well spoken children.  Their vocabularies are amazing.  They use words that I didn't even know they knew and they use them correctly.  Jackson was pretty much born talking.  I have always written down things they say and do that are so cute.  I could fill a book with Joel's daily comments.  And Jensen is the baby so he is still creating his "when I was a baby" stories.  But last night when I was being quizzed I had endless stories about Jackson but I was coming up short on Joel.  The first born child does everything first and all those cute things they say and do stick.  The baby is the baby, you remember those things because it is the last time it will happen.  But what about my sweet Joel????  My poor middle child who is full of life and love and has a smile that will melt your heart and light up a room.  Joel is known for his thumbs up and his dimple that he wasn't born with but rather made himself. 
So today after I write this blog I will be going back and reading Joel's handwritten journal for baby stories that are all about Joel!  And that is why I blog, I don't want to forget one moment of the lives of my 3 wonderful boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment