Monday, March 14, 2011

It's all about Jensen!

It's been awhile since I talked a bit about my sweet Jensen and he has changed so much!  He has gone from being a baby, so easy and cuddly and sweet to being 2.  I won't say terrible 2 because he is anything but terrible but at times he is a trying 2.   Into EVERYTHING, if it is within his reach it must belong to him!  He is curious and I keep telling myself that is a good thing.  He is testing his limits and I keep telling myself that is good too but with that comes testing Mommy's patience and that is not good!  I can't count the number of times in a day that I say "Jensen WHAT ARE YOU DOING?????"  Most people who have or have had a 2 year old know exactly what I am talking about.

Well along with the getting into everything and the climbing the furniture and dragging all the toys out and general messes of 2 comes the joy of a 2 year old.  Jensen goes around the house and says: "Is this a toy? No.  Is this a toy? No."  He will say that about 10 times about 10 different things until he finds something he thinks is acceptable as a toy.  It is hilarious!  He prefaces everything he says with "Mommy, can I tell you something?"  For example "Mommy can I tell you something?  I need a diaper change.  Mommy can I tell you something?  I love you.  Mommy can I tell you something?  Can I watch Mickey Mouse?"  Also hilarious!  No matter what you say to him the first thing he says is "What?".  I think it is because you can't always understand a 2 yr old so a lot of the time when he tells me something I say "what?"  because I don't understand what he said.  Either that or it is genetic, my Dad says if the first thing I say is "what?"  then I am about to be less that truthful and I need a minute to make it good.

Jensen is the baby brother with 2 older brothers teaching him all about the world.  They teach him to run and jump and spit and all the boy stuff that Mommy doesn't know about or doesn't want to know about.  They have made him tough, he can hold his own.  As a matter of fact Jackson and Joel come crying to me often because "Jensen hit/pinched/scratched/pulled my hair!!"  I think he is being proactive, trying to teach his big brothers he is not to be messed with.

Being the mother of 3 boys is a constant battle and a constant joy!  I spend most of my day refereeing and cleaning up various messes.  It is all so worth it because I am well paid.  I can't count the number of unsolicited hugs and kisses and I love yous that I get in a day.  Even when I am teaching a Jazzercise class and they can't talk to me they tell me they love me in sign language.  I am often told that in many cultures have 3 sons is considered a huge blessing and I know from experience that is really is! 

2 comments:

  1. How blessed we both are! Madelynne starts everything she says with "can I tell you something?" been wondering where she got it from...now I know to blame Jensi P!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ML, can I tell you something? I love this post about sweet JP. You are a great woman to mother 3 boys!

    ReplyDelete