Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Enjoying Christmas

Christmas parties with friends, making cookies, decorating trees, being together with my sweet little family, all the makings of a wonderful holiday season.  I'm taking the time to enjoy my boys and letting them do things their way.  The control freak in me is objecting but I am holding her back from redecorating trees and "helping" (taking over) the boys with their Christmas projects.  Enjoying!  Enjoying my oldest son telling me he is going to go shopping just for me.  Enjoying my middle son who wants only to make his big brother laugh.  Enjoying my baby who stands at the Christmas tree and says "Look Mommy at the angel on top of the tree...is she beauty-ful?"  Enjoying waking up to my Christmas tree lights already on and boys playing together happily.  Enjoying quiet evenings with my husband looking at the tree and talking about our days.  Enjoying eggnog.  Enjoying the hustle and bustle when I want to and enjoying online shopping when I don't want to be in the middle of the craziness.  Enjoying memories of loved ones we have lost.  And that in a nutshell is how the Tinsleys are enjoying Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment