Friday, October 8, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes.

My brother-in-law left for Afghanistan this morning at 0500 hours.  Deep breath!  He called last night to talk to his nephews and it was so sweet.  First he talked to Joel and Joel told him to be safe and he loved him and then proceeded to talk about what he was doing in that moment. 

Then it was Jackson's turn.  And here is his side of the conversation in part.   Keep in mind there are pauses between every sentences for Patrick's response.  "Hi Uncle Pat.  Yes.  I had a fun day.  Are you leaving for war tomorrow?  You should be careful at the war.  I think your job is hard.  Is your job hard for you?  Yea but will the Army give you a pellet gun?  Maybe you could shoot your gun at a swimming pool (I have no idea where that came from???)  OK.  I love you Uncle Pat, have fun blowing up tanks.  Bye"  Jensen followed it up with "I love you Uncle Pat Army man."

There was a lot more said but this was the part that made me laugh and cry!

*Uncle Pat with Jackson Feb 2005

1 comment: