Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I want I want I want, I need I need I need....

Yesterday was a crazy day for me.  It was the first day of this fall/Thanksgiving vacation.  My boys were good for the most part but the constant asking for things drives me CRAZY!!!!!   After about an hour of me fetching breakfast and juice and snacks and milk and more juice and finding a movie to watch and helping put shoes on and well you get the point, I was at my limit.  In a selfish fit I said to my children, "I want I want I want!  Doesn't anyone ever think about what you can do for someone else?????"  For the rest of the day about every 10 minutes Jackson asked me "Mommy is there anything I can do for you today?"  Talk about feeling guilty!  But I enjoyed every minute of my sweet oldest boy catering to me and every time he asked I gave him a small task even if it was just "give Mommy a hug".  I think it made us both feel special.

3 comments: