Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Uncle Thurman was killed this week in an accident.  Most of you know that this is not the first loss our family has suffered this year.  In April Jason's brother Bryan died tragically.  When I got the call about Thurman I broke down into tears, not just about this loss but for all we have lost this year.  
As I was taking my boys upstairs to tuck them into bed Jackson said "Mommy I am sorry that your Uncle Thurman died and that you are sad."  I replied "Thank you Jackson, I am sorry too."  His response to this was "Mommy, you know my uncle died too."  My sweet Jackson, he is so precious and compassionate.  Most adults can't express themselves as well as he does.   I am so blessed to have a child like this.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet moment...such a thoughtful boy! Thinking of you, MaryLynn, and praying that you will feel God's peace. So sorry for your losses...I cannot even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful moment. You are so very loved (and not just by those boys).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious boy! So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete