Sunday, November 21, 2010

Small town living

We have been in Clarkesville, GA for 4 years now.  Talk about how time flies.  I have made many good friends here, lifelong friends and my children love it here.  The thought of living somewhere else, even across town, is unacceptable to them.  Small town living is great and a much different experience as an adult.  I grew up in a small town.  As a teenager I couldn't see what the appeal was, what could possibly make my parents want to live in Wise, VA?  There is nothing to do!  Everyone knows your business and EVERYONE feels the need to comment on what you are doing (tell on you).  I couldn't wait to graduate and move FAR AWAY!  Not to get away from my family but to get away from that town, that small town.

Now I'm all grown up and here I am in a small town, a teeny tiny little town.  Now I see the benefits to raising my children in a small town.  We rarely leave the house without running into someone we know.  I have so many friends willing to watch my boys for me if I need them.  So many friends that care about me and my family.  They bring dinners when we are sick or sad.  They pick up my boys when I can't make it.  They care.  And the plus side to knowing what everyone is doing is...you know what everyone is doing.  I have many eyes on my boys to help me keep them in line, keep them safe and keep them good.




No matter where this life takes me I will always be glad that it brought me to Clarkesville.  I can't count the blessings that I have received here.  And I realize this post sounds like I am leaving for those of you that might be concerned about that I'm not.  Clarkesville is home, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment