Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Who do you play with?

Everyday when I pick Jackson up from school we have the same conversation.  My lines will be in italics.

What kind of day did you have today?
Green!
Awesome!  What did you do?
Nothing!
I know you didn't do "nothing" all day.  Who did you play with at recess?  (the answer to this is always the same).
No one.

Now I know this isn't true.  I know my son plays with lots of kids and has a great time at school but he always insists that he doesn't play with anyone.  Until this week, I pushed the question.

What kind of games do you play at recess?
Today I played absent.  I like to play absent a lot.
What is "absent"?
It is where I hide from Madelynne during recess so she thinks I am absent.

Not sure why but he thinks this is the funniest thing ever!  What am I going to do with my crazy boy? 



No comments:

Post a Comment