Sunday, November 28, 2010

I've reached that time in my life...

Well my boys are now 6, 4 and 2.  They are so grown up and have definite ideas of their own.  Gone are the days of Mommy and Daddy easily guiding the decisions they make.  So the example I have for you all once again involves Jackson.  We were traveling home from a family Thanksgiving with my family and I convinced my hubby to eat at Cracker Barrel (I love it there and given the choice of BK or Cracker Barrel I got my way).  After we sat and ordered Jackson wanted his Daddy to take him shopping.  I thought a toy had caught his eye but no he wanted to Christmas shop for Mommy.  When he returned he grabbed my hand and said "Come on Mommy I want to show you all the nice things, you like diamonds don't you?"  I said "Don't you want it to be a surprise?"  "No Mommy I picked 3 things and I want to see which is your favorite."  So off we go to the gift shop, first we stop at a blue cape, a XXL royal blue cape that was surely something my Nannie would have loved!  Next was a black sweater with "diamonds" across the neckline and the cuffs of the sleeves.  Then "Come on Mommy I save the best for last.  It is the beautiful, red, smells good candle for your table".  I love my boys and it brings tears to my eyes that he wanted to spend money he worked hard for on his Mother this Christmas.  So I have reached the time in my life when my fashion sense gives way to what my sons want me to have...and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment