Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cloning Babies

 I have been looking through old pictures and I realize I seem to have contributed very little of the DNA to my sweet boys.   When I was pregnant with Jackson I would sit and just revel in the idea of a child that was 50% me and 50% Jason.  The first thing I said when Jackson was born was "He looks JUST like you".   That isn't a bad thing, Jason is very handsome but where is the Mary Lynn????  I worked so hard for the past 9 months.  I gave up sleep, watched my diet, gave up my margaritas, made many many trips to the bathroom, went to all the doctor visits and who gets all the credit for this beautiful boy?  Daddy!  People see me out and I never get "they look like you"  I never get the chance to say "Oh if you think they look like me you should see their Daddy".  If you could get past that blond hair Joel looks like me.  He is a miniature version of me, as I discussed in a previous blog.  But again I get no credit.

When I start to really worry that I did all this work only for Jason's genes to be carried on they open their mouths and what comes out is 100% Mary Lynn!  Genetics may not be on my side but I am blessed to stay home with my boys so I can "program" them properly. 

A couple of interesting things from Jackson:  A girl in his class lost her doll and she was so upset.  Jackson went to comfort her "Don't worry Claire we will find your doll but you know it isn't our job to keep up with your things!"  Wonder where he heard that?  

When the boys were moving in together "Joel do you think you can be quiet when it is time to go to bed so I can get some rest?"  Joel: "Yes Jackson"  Jackson:  "Then I guess we can try this out for a couple of nights."

And most recently "Mommy I need to go shopping for clothes."  Me: "Jackson I think you have plenty for now."  Jackson: "Mommy I just really need lots of options!"

Joel is an interesting child he is forever the encourager but also wants to be in charge of all situations.  Last year at school a little girl was playing and wouldn't go to her seat at table time.  Joel says "Susie (again name is changed to protect the innocent) if you don't come over here Ms. Desi is going to put you in time out!"  Ms. Desi says "Joel go to your seat I am taking care of this."  Joel gives Ms. Desi his best smile and a thumbs up.  "You're doing a really good job Ms. Desi!"

So far Jensen is the world's sweetest baby.  I asked him to do something the other day and I nearly had a heart attack because his answer was "Yes Maam".  But as sweet as he is he is also a bit bossy like his Mommy.  We sit to "rock a minute" at night and he will gaze up into my eyes and say "Sunshine Mommy SING IT!"  "Twinkle SING IT!"  And he points his finger at me as he orders me to entertain.  I can't wait to see what other traits I have imprinted onto my child.

Aww the joys of being a stay at home mom!

3 comments:

  1. sounds like they are making you proud every where they go! cute stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these boys! (and my very special greetings everytime I walk outside!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that I know your boys so well I've heard these stories! and you're right. We do all the work and their daddies get all the credit. Why is that again?

    ReplyDelete