Saturday, August 28, 2010

What to do, what to do?

My job is to take care of my children, my husband and my home.  That sounds easy enough.  I can do that, no problem.  Until....I wake up at 7:25 on a school morning and Jason is out of town and I have to rush to get the boys out of bed only to get Jackson to school 10 minutes late(not bad considering I woke up 20 before he needed to be at school).  I drop Jackson off at school and rush to get Joel to school.  We get there and I remember, UGGGG I was supposed to bring family pictures for Joel's collage today.  So I drop Joel off and I run back to the house and search my computer for pictures of brothers, mommy and daddy, grandparents, etc.  Print off said pictures rush back to school and drop off Joel's pictures so he can participate in the class project.  Shew, now I can take a deep breath.  Wait a minute I totally forgot I need to take some things to the cleaners and go to the post office and run by Walmart and get a party gift for this weekend and I have about and hour or so to get that done before I have to teach a Jazzercise class.  Check, check, check, and check.  Did Jensen get a snack?  Better go buy a few groceries so he can have a popcorn snack, thanks Ingles!  Got the groceries NOW I can take a deep breath.  What do you mean it is time to pick up Joel from school?  I just dropped him off!  OK, I pick up Joel and we go home, unload the groceries make some lunch, eat our lunch then clean up our lunch.  Put Jensen down for a nap.  NOW I can sit down a minute.  Sitting.  YUCK!  I STINK!  Can't sit now better get up and shower.  I won't bore you with shower details but I am finally clean and NOW I will sit....didn't I just vacuum yesterday?  Didn't I just dust?  I know I swept the floor before I left the house.  Looks like it is time to do it all again.  House is tidy.  Can I sit now?  Hmmm 2:45 time to pick up Jackson.  Go to school wait in the pick up line, get my child, talk to my child about his day, look through his folder for any homework that needs to be done.  Have a snack.   Now I actually do sit and cuddle with my boys for a few minutes before we go outside to burn off some energy, staying on green all day at school is enough to make a 5 yr old want to blow!  What do you know it is 5:00 pm I need to start dinner for all my men.  Daddy gets home around 6 we eat dinner, clean up dinner while boys play in backyard.  Dishes are clean now time to clean my boys.  Boys are showered, teeth are brushed and our books are chosen.  Time to read.  One book each then a tuck for the big boys and a little rocking for the baby.  8:30 and the house is quiet.  I lay out the boys school clothes for tomorrow and then I get to sit and watch anything I might have on the DVR.  I manage to stay awake till 10 but that is all I can take.  Because tomorrow I need to wake up to a whole new set of Momergencies. 

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  This crazy day of non stop errands.  This stay at home mom thing IS easy!  HAHAHAHAHA!  Well I almost typed that sentences without laughing!  I love my boys, I love my life!  I wouldn't change a thing!

1 comment: