Tuesday, August 31, 2010

With Fall comes....baseball?

We think it is important for our boys to play team sports.  They get exercise and interaction.  It is a different learning process than in the classroom.  So this fall we picked tee ball.  We went to Clarkesville Elementary to practice this weekend.  The boys seem to really have an aptitude for this sport.  So we have our first practice today.  So I called my Mom and told her we had signed the boys up for tee ball and that we were very excited to start playing.  Jackson hears me and adds "Well I'm not excited!  I just want to play tennis."  Guess you can't make everyone happy.  

 Sometimes I worry about my boys competing with each other once they get a little older.   Sports, girls and  grades, so many things that they are going to argue over.  It has already started.  They fight over my attention, snacks and toys.   Then I separate them and they cry "I just want to play with my brother!"   Good to see they recognize that your brother is your best friend!  And my boys are fortunate to have 2 forever best friends!

2 comments:

  1. fun times ahead. hope they enjoy tee ball, and if not, there's always tennis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No soccer? we've opted for ballet for Belle and gymnastics/theatre for the queen of all drama. I can't wait to come watch one of their games!

    ReplyDelete