Saturday, September 18, 2010

Something just isn't right.

My sweet Joel was out of town for 5 days and things just didn't feel quite right.  We woke up in the morning and there was no singing at the breakfast table, no fighting either but no singing.  I woke up to 2 happy boys who love me lots but there's something about Joel's good morning.  He greets me like he hasn't seen me in a week, with a giant grin and he runs and wraps his arms around my neck.  We got out of the house with relative ease and on time and I went home and relaxed a bit before doing some chores and running out to teach a class.   Then I had the whole day to hang out with JP (Jensen) before picking Jackson up from school.  We ate whatever we wanted for dinner, I didn't do laundry EVERY DAY and it was generally a laid back easy going few days.  No rushing at noon to pick up my boy and rushing home to eat lunch and nap, no managing meltdowns over not being able to get socks on "just right".


I recently read a friends blog where her dad said that adding a 3rd child to a family doesn't increase your workload by 1 but exponentially.   That is so true!  Taking care of 2 boys and no husband was a walk in the park.  Now would I trade in my sweet Joel and his sweet Daddy for this easy breezy life?  Not a chance! 

So here is another Joel story so you know what was missing in my life for 5 days!  Joel gets home and he said "MOMMY!!!!!!"  and he runs to me and hugs me so tight and he giggles and smiles and giggles some more.  "Mommy I love you so so much!  and I missed you so so much!"  Me: "Awww Joel I love you so much and missed you so much too!"  Joel: "Mommy I love you so much I am never ever going to kill you!"  Wow I didn't know that was being considered!  I sure am glad that for Joel absence made the heart grow fonder!

1 comment: