Friday, September 3, 2010

YOU'RE RUINING MY LIFE!!!!

At the grocery store today with my sweet Jackson.  Being at the grocery store with only one child is SO easy!  It is almost fun...almost!  He listened to me and helped me and it was GREAT!!!!  Then I got a phone call and he didn't have my full attention and it went downhill a little.  Then it started going downhill like an avalanche so I got off the phone and focused on my son.  I think it was too late.  We were in the checkout line next to the candy.  My boys rarely ask for treats from the checkout line.  They beg for broccoli but not for candy.  It's nice!  Today was the exception from the "rarely ask for treats".  Jackson started with M&M's "No Jackson", then on to a "drinkable sucker"  "No Jackson."  "PLEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE, bitty bitty please" (Jackson always says bitty please not pretty please, I love it).  Again and again he asks and again and again I say, very calmly "No Jackson."  Finally he has had enough!  "Mommy you are ruining my life!"  to which I respond "Jackson adjust your tone."  "Yes Mommy, but I still really want that sucker."  I love that boy!  I hope I will always be able to laugh a little when he tells me I am ruining his life.  Or even better maybe this will be the last time!

2 comments:

  1. I love that this is his concept of having his life ruined...it means he knows he's well-loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like if he and madelynne indeed end up together they would be quite the dramatic couple!

    ReplyDelete